Prepare to be redirected!
This page is a time delay redirect, please update your bookmarks to our new location!
- The name of the Society shall be Pentreffest.
2. Objectives of the Society
- To promote social dance within local communities using traditional dance forms from Europe.
- To teach skills in social dance technique and traditional music.
- To run dance events in furtherance of these objectives and to additionally raise funds to be devoted solely to running these events.
- To do all such things as shall be conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
- The management of the Society shall be vested in an Executive Committee to consist of the Officers of the Society plus any persons co-opted by the committee for that purpose.
- The Officers shall include Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, and other positions as appropriate.
- Three Committee Members shall form a Quorum.
- The Executive Committee will normally be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
In the interests of continuity wherever possible Officers shall be elected for two years and their election staggered so that half change at each Annual General Meeting.
- The Executive Committee may co-opt an Ordinary member or such person onto the Committee for specific purposes as deemed necessary.
- The funds of the Society shall be applied solely to the stated objectives of the Society.
- Unless acting in a professional capacity, no member of the Society shall receive payment directly or indirectly for services to the society other than for legitimate expenses incurred in its work.
Any offer of professional services will only be considered by the committee in the absence of the member concerned.
Any payment will be at declared rates and only on presentation of an official invoice.
- Any member having a financial interest in either a professional or a private capacity, in any topic considered by the committee shall declare that interest and should absent themselves from the discussion whilst the committee discusses whether to allow further contribution from that member.
- In the event of dissolution of the Society the property of the Society will be realised and after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, such property shall not be paid to, or distributed among, the members of the Society but shall be given or transferred to some other institution having objects similar to the objects of the Society.
This is to be determined by the members at or before the time of dissolution and, in default, by such Judge or the High Court of Justice as may have acquired jurisdiction in this matter, and so far as effect cannot be given to this provision then to some charitable object.
- The Treasurer shall keep proper books of accounts showing all sums received and paid and shall have the authority to give receipts for monies paid to the Society.
Cheques on the general banking account shall be signed by two of the following, namely; Chairperson, Vice Chairperson , Secretary, Treasurer, but no monies shall be expended without the sanction of the Executive Committee.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held in April at a suitably convenient venue, when the only business to be transacted shall be the confirmation of Minutes, Secretary's Report, Treasurer's Report (including the audited Annual Statement of Account previously approved by the Executive Committee); election of Officers; the election of the Executive Committee and any other business proper to an Annual General Meeting.
- A minimum of fourteen days notice in writing shall be sent to each member prior to an AGM.
- The quorum for the AGM shall be four.
- The Annual Statement of Account, duly audited shall be sent out at least seven days in advance of the meeting.
Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM)
- An Extraordinary General meeting may be called at the discretion of the Executive Committee, or on requisition in writing to the Secretary by three members of the Society stating the object of such meeting.
- At least seven days notice of the meeting, specifying the business, shall be given in writing to the Secretary to every member of the Society.
- No other business shall be transacted at such meetings.
Executive Committee Meetings
- The Executive Committee shall meet at least three times per year.
- Any matter or question which is not provided for in these rules shall be dealt with by the Executive Committee whose decision shall be final.
- Applications for membership of the Society shall be made in writing to the Secretary.
- The Annual Subscription for each category of membership shall be set at an Annual General Meeting.
- Upon payment of their annual subscription each member shall have a vote.
- Any member not paying their subscription within a reasonable time as deemed by the Executive Committee shall be considered to have allowed their membership to lapse.
- A General Meeting shall have the power to expel any member for any good and proper reason.
- Members wishing to resign must give written notice to the Secretary.
- This constitution may not be altered except at a General Meeting of which every member shall receive notice in writing, setting out full details of the proposed alterations.
- Each member will on request receive a copy of the constitution.